Sunday 9 January 2011

I looked at the names of magazines and how they are presented on the front cover, so I'd have idea when i started to create my own. Most that i looked at had some kind of band across the top with different offers on, some with small images and other listing band names, my favorite one of these was the one on rocksound magazine at the top. I decided as I said before I like NME's short name and the way its just on the left of the magazine and decided to think of something reasonably short for myself. I also found that many magazines had the models head going slightly over either the magazine name or some of the text.



After going through lists of magazine names I could think up for my magazine and finding many already existed I came up with the name. Mosh, it was short like I'd wanted and was a direct link to the type of music as moshing is another word for head banging which is done at those sort of concerts featured in these magazines. Which meant fans of the music who read the name would easily pick up that it was a magazine for their style of music. to make my title. I chose a suitable font off of dafo
nt.com and then opened it in illustrator. I decided to change the font in illustrator to make it my own, and get it to look how i wanted. To over lap the letters a 'ungrouped' the objects and added an outline so that i could move them change the size and shape, over lap them and get rid of certain parts. I made the outline white and the inside black to fit in with my colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment