Sunday 9 January 2011

Contents Page

First of all for my contents page, i decided to do a 'main features' page. I'd seen this in other magazines and thought it looked good, so i included the edited image from earlier and added the title Main Features. The font for the title was from dafont.com i chose this font because it matched well with the wall background and added to the grunge look. For my list of features i used red and white font, I used the white font for the band name so that it would stand out more and capture the attention of the reader, i then included a little about each feature.





This is my main contents page so its packed full of more text. I got some of the ideas for my layout, from a contents page I'd seen in my research (pictured below). It was difficult to fit fit everything i wanted on this page onto it but i achieved it in the end. I included the issue number, month and year, subtitles above each category, and lists under each of relevant content. I have also included a letter from, and an image of the editor as i saw this was also another common presence on contents pages. Down the right side of my contents page i have used some writing and red rectangle with lowered opacity to create the textured look similar to that on the image below. I also included some images with page numbers on them and in small writing on the white I put around the edge I wrote what was in the image. I have also included page numbers in the bottom corners of the pages with the
magazine name and website, which was also a common feature in all of the
magazines that I looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment