Thursday 6 January 2011

Photoshoots & Editing





For each of my photoshoots i took into account all my surroundings, props and clothes.
As my magazine is the september issue i had to make sure i did the photoshoot when it was quite sunny so it looked like it was in september, it had a possitive effect as the sun provided the lighting we needed for the perfect photos. I also made sure i went to somewhere where that there were lots of trees and creatures to create the 'country feel'. The photos were took at worthington lakes.
I made sure that i wore 'country style' clothing. For the first shoot i wore a short dress and a denim waistcoat to indicate an 'autumn look'. For the second shoot i wore a checked shirt which shows a western look, they are also very popular with other country music singers.
I did two photo shoots as from my first one i didn't have any photos that were of me sat down which would be able to go across my two page spread, they were all of me stood up which wouldn't cover two pages. So in the second photoshoot i made sure there was some pictures of me sitting down so the photo's were in landscape so they were wider alowing them to fit comfortably and look good across two pages.



I chose to have an acoustic guitar in the photos as that is common that many other country music artists play.

Editing

Here you can see the origional picture (on the left) and then the finised picture (on the right) after i have edited it. I have edited the picture in Adobe photoshop, i have made the picture much brighter to make it look like it is sunnier than it was on the day of the shoot. Making the photo look brighter it makes it look more 'summery' which is good as the magaizine is a September issue so the weather then would be quite sunny. The origional photo is very dark therfore wouldn't look very good on the front cover of a magazine, it wouldnt catch anyone's eye, so also by lightening it up i have made it look much more presentable and professional for a magazine which would now catch readers eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment